Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Easter Baskets

Easter Basket



Since having kids, one of my favorite things about Easter is making up the kids' Easter baskets.  Getting to fill a basket with pretty spring themed toys and clothes makes this mama's heart happy!  Since Liam's first Easter, I knew that I did not want to fill a basket with tons of candy and little trinkets.  I absolutely hate buying little trinket like items just for the fact that they may hold my kids' attention for a day, then they just sit in a toy basket, or on the stairs...or in the refrigerator (it's happened).  Since Christmas wasn't too far away and Liam just had his birthday, I also do not want to completely overdo it.  My happy median is finding one toy, books, or puzzle for each child, then throwing in some "fun" essentials.  Both kids need some spring clothes, so at least one item of clothing is a go to.  Bright slippers, socks, underwear, or pajamas can round out your clothing items.  Something to keep their little hands busy, like art supplies, is also a nice option.  In our case, Liam prefers stickers, so I found some really fun spring stickers in the dollar bin at target.  I did bite the bullet and get Liam a chocolate bunny for his basket, but a good alternative would be Annie's Cheddar Bunnies.  To fill out the basket, I like to put some items they can play with outside, like chalk, bubbles, or water toys for their water table.

No comments:

Post a Comment