Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter 2016








Another Easter has come and gone!  I think whenever a holiday rolls around, I declare it as my favorite, but so far this year, Easter has been my favorite!  When Liam saw his Easter basket, he came over to me and whispered: "the Easter bunny came!"   Heart melting. 

   This weekend was a whirlwind of travel, food, and family and we wouldn't have had it any other way.  I'm pretty sure Liam's egg hunt count is up to five, so now we have this huge stash of candy just sitting on our kitchen counter.  Just. Sitting. There.  Way to test my self control!   I contributed orange fluff salad and coconut cream pie dip to our little gatherings, both of which were delicious and sweet (and super easy).  After a weekend of not so careful eating I told myself I'd eat really well this week to recover.  So, of course, I started off the trend by eating my weight in left over coconut cream pie dip.  Whoops.

The weather cooperated a little this weekend, so while it was still a little chilly, we were able to get outside for the egg hunts.  We have a bird friend who made a nest on our wreath on our front door, so we also made some cheerio bird feeders to hang on the tree, which Liam had a lot of fun with.  Liam got bubbles in his Easter basket, so he spent about half an hour blowing and chasing bubbles around.  On Friday we went to a local flower shop that hosts an event called "follow the bunny trail," where kids can collect candy and eggs (without the aggression of competing with older kids during an egg hunt), while visiting the Easter bunny and farm animals.  Liam would not go near the Easter bunny, but he did enjoy the farm animals, as did Eva.  

Although we didn't make it through the whole church sermon on Easter morning due to a crying baby, we didn't forget the true reason for Easter.  

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life."  John 3:16




No comments:

Post a Comment