Monday, November 9, 2015

Eva is Four Months Old





I hope you enjoyed the creative title.  Straight and to the point, right?

How on earth is Eva four months old?  HOW?  Little lady is smiley, had her first giggle (although I cannot get her to giggle again for the life of me), loves watching her big brother, and is a tummy time master.  We love her wide grin, chubby cheeks, and wispy hair.  We've introduced rice cereal, but so far she will have none of it.  Liam never took to cereal and went straight to the pureed fruits and veggies, which appears to be the path Eva is on.  

She brings our family so much joy and I love having a child that I can call my daughter.  I think no matter the makeup of a family, you love the family you have, but I always envisioned my family with a son and a daughter and am so thankful that I have two children to love and care for.  Our lives feel so full and blessed, and although we do not intend to have anymore kids, you never know what the future holds.  For now, we are enjoying ourselves as a family of four.

On a side note, I think I finally am in the groove of my new position as an autism consultant at work.  I have a lot to learn, but am loving the team I'm on and the new responsibilities.  As always, the desire to be home with the kids is always lurking in the back of my mind, but I have a lot of blessing to count.  I'm happy I am in a profession that I love that allows me to help and serve others.  I'm also thankful that my job follows the school calendar, which allows me to be a "stay-at-home" mom during the summers and holidays.  

As far as an update on my attempt to simplify our life, I've been failing miserably.  While I've been good about not buying new clothes and makeup (and even got rid of a ton of makeup), I seem to have just replaced my makeup obsession with a new obsession: Erin Condren planners and pimping my planner.  Look it up.  It's a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment