Saturday, November 21, 2015

A Baptism and a Shit Show


We had Eva's baptism last Sunday.  It was a wonderful day and a shit show all rolled into one.

Greg and I tried to strategically plan when to feed and change Eva so she would be content when it was time for her to go up and get baptized in front of the congregation.  The minute we stepped up for her baptism, the shit show happened.  Literally, she started shitting right there.  And not quietly or dainty like.   I'm talking loud grunting paired with face scrunching.  And. It. Reeked.  Like, awful.  As in the pastor would not even hold her.

Then, onto the actual baptism, when she had the baptismal water poured over her head, she screamed bloody murder.  When the pastor marked the sign of the cross across her forehead, another high pitched screech filled the room.  The scene was nothing short of having her head spin around or having her jump out of my arms and start crawling on the ceiling (cue nightmares).

Did I mention Liam was laying on the steps during all of this?  This was after he was break dancing during the music portion of the service.

From the outside looking in, we looked like a hot mess.  It was not a day we had it all together.  But, truth be told, it made it all the more memorable and I love my little hot mess family.  I wouldn't change anything about my kids or my husband for the world.  Nothing makes me happier than being around those three, shit shows and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment