Tuesday, September 8, 2015

How Today's Going






At approximately 7am, Liam comes into the bathroom as I am washing my face to hand me an object that appears to be a button.  Once he places it in my hand, it uncoils and ends up being a gigantic centipede.  It's funeral was held at approximately 7:01am at our master bathroom toilet.

Fast forward to 10:00am, we are all still in our pajamas and I'm itching to get out of the house as Liam is running back and forth in the hallway singing.  I pile myself and the kids, all still in pajamas, into the car for a Starbucks run.  I have to convince Liam to get in the car by telling him there are bugs on the floor and I need to carry him.  It works.  I can't even wear sunglasses to disguise my dark circles and lack of makeup because it's cloudy out.  We are now officially the hot mess express.  

It's now 10:10am and I'm still not ready to go home, so I take a drive a little out of town to look at some house lots and daydream about building a new house.  I peek in the review mirror and Liam is sleeping and realize i'm screwed the rest of the day.  If Liam sleeps for even just 5 minutes in the car he is recharged for the whole day, but will still be cranky in the afternoon due to lack of sleep.  

At 12pm, we are all still in our pajamas and Liam has eaten a chocolate cake pop from Starbucks and is refusing to eat real food for lunch.  As a healthy example, I have consumed my salted caramel frappuccino as my lunch.

Just wanted to give you a glimpse of a morning in the life of the mother of the year.





No comments:

Post a Comment