Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A One Month Old and the Weekend



Well, our little lady is one month old already!  Little Miss Eva loves to be held and really lets her temper shine through when she's not in the comfort of someone's arms.  Greg calls her our little elephant because she is so noisy and sounds like a little elephant when she is grunting in her sleep.  I don't remember Liam being this noisy as a baby, but maybe I'm just forgetting.  It is so fun to hear Eva vocalize, grunt, and squeal (not so much at midnight, though)!


We are still in survival mode and adjusting to having two kids to look after, which means a lot of subway and cereal for dinner, but we're getting the hang of it and are just now starting to get into somewhat of a routine.  Saturday night I went out with my mom to see Jim Gaffigan and left the kiddos in Greg's hands.  Luckily the troops (a.k.a Papa Randy, Grandma Joni, and Uncle Logan) came in for support.  It ended up being a late night for all of us, so Sunday was a pretty sleepy day.  Not that I don't love playing with the kiddos when they're awake, but there is something magical about the whole family taking a nap at the same time.  Sunday afternoon I looked over to see Greg and Liam cuddling and sleeping and my heart about burst.  Most the summer has been us camping out at home during the weekends, so now that Eva is a month old I am hoping I'll be brave enough to take the kids out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment