Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016

I almost didn't want to write a "New Year, New Me" post, but after giving it a days thought, and with some inspiration from Instagram (seriously, have you followed natgeo or intherivervalley...if not, you need to!) , I have thought of one change I want to make for the new year: adventure.

I'll just start out by admitting I am not a risk taker.  I am happiest when I am safe, at home, and with the people I love.  However, for my kids' sake, I want to add a little adventure in our lives.  Specifically, adventure through nature.  I'd say as parents, we do a good job of exposing our kids to different activities and keeping them away from TV, but when I told Liam we were going to Target and his response was an overzealous, "Yay!," I knew it was time to add a little more excitement into our lives (although the mention of going to Target makes my heart beat a little faster, too).  Liam loves being outside and that's something I want to continue to foster within him.  Even when we're tired, busy, or unmotivated, I want to try to get the kids in nature as often as we can.  Here's to a more adventurous 2016!





No comments:

Post a Comment